Implants like natural teeth, as well. The minute you take a tooth out, every year from that point on the bone starts to shrink. Have you ever seen somebody when they break their arm, they put them in a cast for a long time? When the get the cast off they have a scraggly little arm and they gotta build that back up and maybe do some physical therapy. The same thing happens in the mouth. The minute you remove that tooth and you don't have any pressure stimulating to tell the bone to wake up, that bone shrinks every year. The longer you go without teeth, the less bone you have available for implants and also the less bone you have available to hold a traditional denture.
When people have traditional dentures, implants are a good choice to anchor their dentures in so that they can keep their bone. Sometimes it's gonna be a better long-term solution to use implants. Over the long-term it's less of a financial burden for the patient. Over a lifetime, patients can spend thousands of dollars in their mouth. In this day of implants, we can say, “Don't spend the money to do a root canal, a crown, and all kinds of things on a tooth that maybe might last you two years. Maybe it's better that we take that tooth out and put an implant in and you can have it for years to come 'til you're done on this earth, basically, as long as you take care of it like everything else.”
We do what we call “oral cancer screenings” when you have implants, and for everybody else, too, but we just wanna make sure that any problems that might show up in the mouth, not just the teeth, are being watched and taken care of. Implants are a good way to be able to get the most natural-like teeth that you can that stay in and to help preserve the bone that you have in your jaw.
Don’t let damaged or missing teeth stand between you and a strong, beautiful smile – contact Alluring Smiles for a free consultation to learn how dental implants can restore your oral function and appearance!
At our Mesa, AZ dentist office, Dr. Javier Portocarrero and our professional team provide an array of restorative dentistry options so you can turn back the clock on your damaged smile!
The Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants are the next best thing to your natural teeth. Compared to other tooth replacement options, they provide many advantages because they:
- Look, feel, and function like your natural teeth
- Prevent jawbone deterioration, helping you maintain your youthful look
- Provide up to 90 percent of the chewing power of your natural teeth
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
- Do not require any preparation of your remaining healthy teeth
Whether you need to replace a single problem tooth or you want a full-mouth reconstruction, we have dental implant options for you. We can restore dental implants with:
- Dental crowns
- Dental bridges
- All-on-4 full arch dental implants
- A variety of dentures options
No matter which you choose, your smile and strong bite will be good as new!
Providing Advanced Technology
To ensure your dental implant procedure is as precise and comfortable as possible, we have invested in some of the most state-of-the-art dental technology available. Here are just some of the tools our Mesa, AZ dentist office uses to plan and complete dental implant treatments:
- 3D cone beam scanners: this device allows us to virtually plan your procedure and guides the actual placement of dental implants for exceptional accuracy!
- Digital X-rays: compared to traditional X-rays, our digital machines produce more accurate images in less time and with a fraction of the radiation!
- Intraoral X-rays: this convenient handheld device provides clear images at any point of your treatment so we can ensure precise placement!
We Offer Comfort Amenities & Dental Sedation Options
So you won’t feel a thing during your procedure, we’ll numb your mouth with anesthetic. But that’s the bare minimum we’ll do to ensure your comfort.
So your visit will be as pleasant as possible, we provide a spa-like experience for our patients with a variety of amenities, including:
- Waterfalls throughout our beautiful Mesa, AZ dentist office
- Massage chairs in every care room
- Cozy blankets and pillows
We can also relieve your dental anxiety with dental sedation options, including:
- Nitrous oxide, more commonly known as “laughing gas”
- Oral conscious sedation in pill form
- IV sedation
We also provide morning and evening hours so you can schedule your appointment at a less busy time. With our help, you’ll regain your beautiful smile in complete comfort!
Restore your beautiful, strong smile to its former glory with dental implant options from Alluring Smiles! Call our Mesa, AZ dentist office at 480-525-6617 or use our online form to schedule or ask questions!